Last weekend I went to a local book store that sells new and used books. I picked up Emily Giffin’s Something Borrowed. I started it this week and I am actually enjoying it from the get go ( a first for me with her books). When I purchased the book there was a little something extra in there. Inside was a little red business card. It was for a seafood restaurant in Charleston called Hyman’s. I never ate there when I lived in Charleston so if any of you had, how was it? Anyways, on the flip side of the card there was a list of inanimate objects and whether each one was a male or female. So, I have decided not to be selfish and share the list with everyone. Here ya go:
- Ziploc Bags– they are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.
- Copiers – They are female, because turned off, it takes a while to warm them up again. It’s an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons are pushed.
- Tire – Male, because it goes bald and it’s often over-inflated.
- Hot Air Balloon – Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under it, and of course, there’s the hot air part
- Sponges – Female, because they’re soft, squeezable and retain water.
- Web Page – Female, because it’s always getting hit on.
- Subway– Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.
- Hourglass – Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom
- Hammer – Male, because it hasn’t changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it’s handy to have around.
- Remote Control – Female…..Ha! You thought it’d be male. But consider this – it gives a man pleasure, he’s be lost without it, and while he doesn’t always know the right buttons to push, he keeps typing.
Hope it made you laugh! Enjoy your weekend!