My new food obsession: Baked Kale Chips.
?? I have been eating them everyday! I originally bought the kale to use in my green smoothies but then I remember a co-worker had told me about kale chips. They are very simple to make:
olive oil (I use about a cap full)
seasoning salt (use as much as you like)
- Take the Kale and rip the leaves off the stems (you can use kitchen scissors or shears but my lovely hands have been working just fine.)
- Once the stems have been removed, thoroughly wash the kale. Dry the kale by using a salad spinner (If you have one. If not, you can do like moi and lightly pat with a paper towel).
- Lay out the kale on a lined cookie sheet (I use my large round stonebake from Pampered Chef)
- Drizzle the olive oil over the kale. Next toss the kale (using your hands is fine) to make sure the olive oil is evenly coating all the kale.
- Put it in the oven for about 10 minues or until the edges are brown, not burnt ( I have made the mistake of leaving them in a too long….they were still nom nom nom good!)
- Once they are baked, sprinkle sea salt over the kale. This part can be done before you put them in the oven. This is my personal preference.
I dare you not to get addicted. So much better than potato chips and guilt free! They are great for children too as the kale practically melts in your mouth (don’t have to worry about choking on a sharp edge like a potato chip)!