When pregnant, there are few things that are cut from the “Indulgence List.” Alcohol is probably number one on the list. I am not a huge drinker but I do like being able to have a drink here and there if wanted. Since I am pregnant and will be nursing I have to say buh-bye to alcohol for a while. So I decided that I am going to whip up some Mocktails. Mocktails, which isn’t new concept at all, are mock coctails that have every ingredient except for the alcohol. For New Year’s Eve, my Mocktail of choice was a Frozen Bellini.
- 6 ounces Sparkling Wine (Prosecco is a popular choice)
- 1ounce peach schnapps , to taste
- Frozen (or fresh) peaches , sliced
- Add a few frozen peach slices and liquor to blender and puree. The mixture should be taking on a slushy type texture.
- Taste and add more liquor or peaches as needed. Add ice and continue to blend until a nice frozen texture is acquired. Pour into glasses and garnish with peaches.
Recipe from here
|Happy New Year to me!|
- Non alcoholic ?Sparkling Wine? (ginger ale and white grape juice) *
- I ended up finding sparkling white grape juice so that?s what I used
- Frozen (or fresh) peaches
- Strawberry Daiquiri Mix (optional)
1. Add ?sparkling wine,? peaches, and ice to the blender. Blend until the mixture resembles a slushy type texture.
2 Pour into glass; add strawberry mix around the edge.
3. Drink. Enjoy. Pretend it has the same affect as the real thing.
*I can?t remember where I found the recipe for the?Sparkling Wine? as soon as I find it, I will give the source.