Usually when my husband starts to get a craving for Stir Fry I will make it instead of getting take-out. It is so quick and easy to make and thanks to my mom who got me a rice cooker for Christmas (I swear, rice is ready in about 5 minutes!), I can have the meal ready for us in less than fifteen minutes.
I use whatever items we have in the fridge so this stir fry consisted of chicken, shrimp, carrots, onions, green, and yellow peppers. I also add broccoli but usually at the end and to one side since my husband doesn’t like broccoli.
- I add some olive oil to the skillet.
- Add chicken and the carrots(I added the carrots early to help get them a little soft)
- Once the first two ingredients are almost fully cooked, I added the rest of the vegetables and shrimp.
- Once everything is cooked, I topped it off with Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce.
- While all of this is being cooked the rice cooker is working it’s magic (I will use either Jasmine or Brown Rice).
I will only season the chicken and shrimp with pepper beforehand because the sauce helps take care of the flavor. Plus, you don’t want too much sodium.
I always try to make extra so my husband can have some for the next day to take to work but that never happens. It gets completely devoured.