A couple of weeks ago I had a friend send me a photo of tons of veggies she had and was looking for suggestions (on a meal). I forgot about my favorite soup to make and decided to revisit it myself. The vegetables I use always change (as I use what is readily available in my fridge) but I also changed the cooking method this time ?by using my large cast iron skillet.
- chopped red onion
- 2-3 chopped garlic cloves
- chopped red bell pepper
- chopped jalape?o (use as many or little as you like ? depends how spicy you want it)
- broccoli (including the stalks)
- green beans
- russet potato
- sweet potato
- coconut oil or olive oil (or any oil you have)
- Saut? the garlic, onions, and jalape?os until they are soft
- Add the remaining vegetables and continue to saut?
- Add vegetable broth or water and bring everything to a boil. I know it is ready to be transferred when I am able to pierce the potatoes with a fork.
- Allow the stock to cool and using a ladle add the items to a blender. It is very important to let the soup cool a bit other wise the top will fly off the top off the blender. Ask me how I know.
- Once all the soup is blended, it is ready to be served or store for later.
Sometimes I will garnish my soup with basil and/or feta and other times I will eat it as is.